Ever crave something so badly you almost couldn’t stand it? LOL! Well I do. I’ve been craving for some really good teriyaki and after a long search for the perfect recipe I finally found it and have been using it ever since.
It was madness in the kitchen while I was preparing 3 different kinds of teriyaki for everyone to enjoy…steak, chicken and tofu with portabello’s. It was amazing and oh so delicious.
© HashTagEat.com | TANIARCEO 2014
Here is the link to the recipe by The Urban Baker. I did however make changes to my liking.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
• In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. heat over a medium flame.
• Whisk mirin and cornstarch until no lumps remain. pour into saucepan and whisk to combine all ingredients.
• Bring sauce to a boil over high heat. whisk and reduce heat to medium low and simmer until sauce reduces to 3/4 of a cup.
• The sauce will become like a syrupy glaze. Keep warm while you cook your protein.
• Refrigerate and store in a glass jar for up to three weeks.
*Adapted recipe by The Urban Baker