Finally had the opportunity to make these healthier version of an old time favorite…chocolate chip cookies! Gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free to beat! Recipe is from Against All Grains by Danielle Walker. She has so many great recipes that are worth trying so got purchased her cookbook.
I improvised a little didn’t have the palm shortening so I used vegetable instead. But they turned out great! Check out her site for more recipes! 🙂
Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
AUTHOR: Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 1 dozen
•¼ cup palm shortening, ghee, or grass-fed butter
•¼ cup coconut palm sugar
•2 tablespoons honey
•1 large egg, room temperature
•2 teaspoons vanilla
•1½ cups blanched almond flour
•2 tablespoons coconut flour
•½ teaspoon baking soda
•½ teaspoon sea salt
•¼ cup dark chocolate pieces (just chop up a dark chocolate bar)
•¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
5. Place golf-ball sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a SilPat. Using another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, flatten them slightly with the palm or your hand or a spatula. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want prior to baking them.
6. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.