Made this dish a week ago and it was a huge hit! Now definitely one of my favorites actually made another pot the other night. Oh SO DELICIOUS! 🙂 ENJOY!
TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 (14 oz) petite diced can tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté diced onions, cook for about 3 minutes then add chopped bell peppers cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, all dry seasonings, brown sugar and sriracha sauce and cook on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes.
I’m an island girl so I love it with white rice or Hawaiian sweet rolls too! 🙂