Wishing this was a longer weekend and tomorrow wasn’t Monday…Can we fast forward to Friday?!!
Ok, tried something different and made this super simple dish awhile ago. It was a nice change from the typical dishes made with ground beef…like chili, patties, spaghetti meat sauce, meat loaf, etc.
Korean Beef Recipe
Adapted from www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com
- 1 pound lean ground beef (substituted with ground turkey)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ – 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (desired heat)
- 1 cup of chopped baby bell peppers
- 1 stalk of green onions, thinly sliced
1. Combine and mix brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ground ginger and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Use a large skillet heat medium to high, cook the ground beef or turkey until done. Drain a portion of the liquid and keep the rest. Stir in soy sauce mixture and simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced then add chopped baby bell peppers. Stir until slightly tender.
3. Serve with steam rice white or brown and top with green onions.
© #EAT | HashTagEat.com 2015